.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, August 18, 2006
Dead Tree Standing

Without leaves for seasons
innumerable,
it's branches long since
snapped away, only it's trunk remains
stabbing defiantly toward
the sky.
Perhaps some glimmer of life,
some memory of green,
still pulses through it's core
as it watches yet one more
Sunrise at Maple River.


CLA

photograph originally posted on Controlled Chaos
June 30th, 2006
Photographer: Rob Harrington

 
posted by Charlene Amsden at 7:53 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 8/18/2006 8:20 PM, Blogger Rob

    It's always good to see one of my photos displayed with great poetry! Thanks for using it :-)

     
  • At 8/18/2006 8:25 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden

    Rob, I am reasonably certain that my poetry should not be classified, "great," but my ego adores you. Thanks for sharing the photo.

     
  • At 8/18/2006 10:39 PM, Blogger Neoma

    Ohhhh lovely Quill, both the photo and the poem....

     
  • At 8/18/2006 10:49 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden

    Thank you, Nea. I first saw this photo on Rob's blog in June. I have gone back to it many times. That tree strikes me as lonely, but courageous and stubborn at the same time.

    I am very glad Rob agreed to share his photo as long as he is credited as the photographer. He didn't ask for the links, I just added them because it seemed the proper courtesy.